A few months ago Penny at Dresses and Me set up a winter stash swap, I signed up and the other day I got a marvellous present in the mail from Juliet of Crazy Gypsy Chronicals. It was a great package that contained all this:
Left: 3m of a cotton blend (i think) mini houndstooth
Centre: 4m of vintage style flowery red/pink cotton
Right: 2m of orange/red flower print light weight polyester
and these AMAZING buttons.
So I am inspired to make a shirt dress with a fullish skirt out of the houndstooth – maybe with the buttons on the front… or green ones for contrast. I think i will use McCalls M4769 as a starting point – I don’t want buttons on the skirt though.
The third piece of fabric might have to mature in my stash as my current Work in Progress list looks like this:
- Put in Zip, Hem, and buttons on sleeveson my Black retro 70s dress.
- Top stitch front, sew on buttons, handsew sleeves to lining on Grey blue Jacket for Lewis before he grows out of it.
- Continue with Rainbow Nougat dress, I have 1/3 of the outer fabric cut/sewn
- Sew up facing and armholes on Bird singlet top
- Finish hair on the Princess and Pea topsy turvy doll. Make 20 matresses and a duvet.
I also have a pile of projects that have been cut out but not sewn yet:
- Winnie the pooh costume for Alex
- Sliver stripe tee
- Black pin stripe skirt.
- Grey vogue dress.
- A Vintage Vogue 6078 dress in blueish cotton sateen
And then there is the list of projects I want to do…. this is the one that constantly gets re-arranged in my head and why the other two lists exist above 🙂
- Hoodies with screenprinting for each family member
- Robot shorts for lewis.
- Summer hats for both boys
- Coffee date dress in coffee/black abstract print cotton sateen
- Frill neck wrap dress in navy spots
- Blue stars dress in Vintage pattern with full skirt style
- Black silk tap pants
- Vintage vogue skirt in grey wool
- Snake print skirt
- White bird shirt based on temt one, using cross over vogue pattern.
- Green jacket – take apart muslin, cut out and complete
- Ninja turtle costume for halloween
- Wolfpack singlets for boys
Luckily I have a sewing weekend planned ahead.