Every February the Wellington Sevens occurs. It is a rugby tournament but it is also known as a two day costume party. This year we got tickets with a couple of friends to go. We decided to go low key in costumes – something comfortable and easy to do – floral jumpsuits for the girls and Andrew requested a summer suit. Into the stash I dove looking for suitable fabric. These are the options I shared for the jumpsuits.
I used a Burda pattern that was really simple for the floral jumpsuits.
And the inspiration image from Andrew was
I borrowed a men’s suit pattern from Made Marion and got some beige fabric from the Arthur Toye sale.
I simply cut the pants to short length and made the jacket sleeveless, omitting most of the tailoring, pockets and about 17 pattern pieces.