How about now… No?
Okay…winter is definitely coming to Wellington and I am about to show off my new short sleeve blouse…
I used a quilting cotton from the sale table at Spotlight and the only intentional adjustment I made was to take 8cm off the length as this is a very long top. I did make one other small change… I added a keyhole feature to the neckline which is held shut with an awesome brooch from Smash Palace who use old plates to make their jewelry.
I created this feature as I had an overlocking incident when finishing my inside seams and I accidentally cut a wedge out of the front neckline. I just curved out the missing chunk and bound the edge before binding the rest of the neck.
I will definitely be making another one of these – hopefully without any extra alterations. I also made another Pavlova skirt by Cake Patterns to go with this top. After the first one not fitting I wanted to give it another go as I really want a circle skirt that fits. I re-took my measurements, re-read the instructions and cut into some burgundy wool from the stash. I sewed the side seams and tried it on.
The pin above shows where my side seam should be…8cms from where the current side seam is. This means the skirt is 16cm too big for me. The pattern states it has 2 inches of ease – which seems too much in my opinion – but 16cm = over 6 inches! So I put all instructions aside, cut off the offending inches and made up the rest as I went along.
In my random making up I didn’t leave a big enough gap for a zip so I went old-fashioned and put domes in and a hook closure with non-functioning button on top.