I had never seen the Simone, from Victory Patterns. before Kat made her version and I was inspired. I bought this retro printed polyester birds from spotlight last year with no real plan in mind but it suited this dress perfectly – although it does get a lot of static cling.
Close up of the fabric
I tried to follow the instructions for the yoke with the tab and it did not work for me at all. I suddenly had the tab on the inside, I needed to unpick, so I threw the instructions to the side and made it work. I used a button from the stash to tack it down and I love how it looks.
Since I wasn’t following the instructions I didn’t put a zip in on the side and it isn’t a problem. However since Kat had issues with the chest size I had cut the largest size (slightly bigger than my measurements) and then took a small wedge out of the underarm to make it fit correctly when I was sewing up the side seams.
I love how this dress makes me feel when I wear it – like a strange combination of ballerina warrior woman as it flows out behind me as I stride around.